Monday, September 14, 2009

Friday Finds...



This has been an absolutely crazy week. My sweetie was on vacation and graciously offered to start painting the front of the shop, not enough time or paint to finish but we are well on our way to a fresher, softer facade. We did however finish the new sign and set that in across the street, just needs to be landscaped...(Photos of the re-do to follow)
Friday on my way to a Board Meeting I stopped in to the BEST estate sale I have seen lately, things were totally reasonable and the sellers were desiring to off load (it was the 2nd day). Mind you , I am dressed nicer than usual and generally half the age of most attendees so the looks I get are often laughable. You can only imagine a sale of this magnitude brings a twinkle to my eye and a skip in my step, I just smile and keep adding to my pile... A few pic's but this is just the tip of the iceberg, no furniture all smalls but good smalls:


Tons of glassware, a Homer Laughlin pattern that I adore, a fantastic vintage globe, with a wooden base, great etched mirror, (I'm a total sucker for an etched mirror). Not to mention boxes and boxes of baubles, and you know how I love a good sparkle... I will be adding more to the shop daily.




The icing on the cupcake was the cutest, most adorable, sweetest vintage hand sewn pink satin, totally tricked out princess dress ever!
Oh the plans for this dreamy number...

2 comments:

Christina said...

Great Finds! I cannot wait to see the sign redo.

Unknown said...

Looks like a sale I would have had fun at! Can't wait to see more pics of the shop...