Monday, July 6, 2009

Friday Finds

I love Fridays!
Junking is a total addiction, for those of you that "get it" you know what I mean, for those of you that don't I would love to take you along for the ride!


I plan out my hunt on Thursday evening, and go to bed with shear anticipation of the goodies I may find in the morning. I'm generally not satisfied until my rig is totally filled. I look for anything that has good bones, things that can be transformed into something entirely girlie and of course the usual sparkle.


I have a master list of fav's like:
  • linens
  • anything galvanized
  • pearls
  • rhinestone jewels
  • ephemera
  • old books (especially known titles)
  • dainty furniture
  • anything that can be distressed to its shabby beauty
  • ice skates, and recently added roller skates
  • vintage Christmas ornaments
  • canning jars (don't ask me why, I have tons already)
  • children's furniture
  • vintage fabric/anything with those great old roses
  • floral frogs...love me some frogs!
  • tea cups (becoming very hard to find in a reasonable price range)
  • fancy dishes/ cut glass (it sparkles like nothing you've ever seen when laced with lights)
  • vintage picnic baskets
  • chandeliers
  • and anything, I mean anything French...

Just to name a few!

I'm sure you get the idea.


This Friday was a great day, I came skipping home with all kinds of treasures.





You know what they say; one mans junk is another crazy, obsessive, wildly creative girls treasure! (hee...hee...)

Oh the plans!

Oh my poor garage!

Oh my poor,poor family to put up with such nonsense!

No comments: