Friday, June 19, 2009

What's in a name?

I have been asked if I have an alias...


When we bought the building a few years ago, David, my husband starting calling me "Millie", now my mom calls me that and a few other pals, my guess is that it's a spin off of Millport? When we finished off the backroom this spring "Sweet Millie's Studio" was born.

Now in addition to antiques, new gift items, candles, dips, etc .I have slowly started featuring some of my own embellished goodies:





This is the thickest old dictionary I have ever seen, now adorned with flowers, jewels and of course a touch of the sparkle.



These are hand made gift tags, perched on a handy clothes pin, therefore you are able to attach it to anything, clip them to another package and pass it on, or just keep it for yourself to enjoy! Different vintage ephemera, gems, bits of lace and the usual sparkle or not...




This was created especially for the mothers in my life. These are the hands of my son Rob, holding a baby bird he rescued and released, it's difficult to see but the saying reads, "There are two lasting bequests we can give out children: one is roots the other is wings." by Holding Carter Jr. Each has a meaning full piece of music, for those of you that know Rob, he has been taking piano lessons for 2 years, has drums and got an electric guitar for Christmas this year. Do not know where he gets it...


All that out of a name...


Oh, I promise I will be posting photos of the studio as soon as I get a few more things organized. (Wouldn't want you to see the piles and realize I have a few pack ratting problems as well as my many addictions!!!)


And thank you September for the blogging lesson yesterday, this size font makes me much happier.


No comments: